Welcome to the first edition of Ask a DM, or "Coming In On A Wing and a (celestial black)Bear". I will, no doubt with some help from the occasional guest or even readers, be answering frequently asked, or even very specific, questions about running, hosting, and generally being a part of a tabletop game. I will be posting these lovely blogs on mondays, but not necessarily every monday. I'm guessing probably twice a month for now... at least until there's a high demand for more.
What this blog is:
- a place to visit for assistance on gaming matters.
- me offering my opinions on such things in an attempt to resolve issues that arise when gaming.
- a way for EVERYBODY, not just me, to discuss the questions asked. There is rarely a single right answer. I request, nay, DEMAND, that you all give your own answers. The more opinions offered, the better chance of somebody finding the solution that is just right for them.
- informative and entertaining(HOPEFULLY).
- unless otherwise specified, my opinions/thoughts.
- quite likely perpetually behind schedule.
What this blog is not:
- the absolute final word on anything.
- an opportunity, for you or me, to flame/insult people that ask questions. Constructive criticism only, please.
- professionally done.
- restricted to any single game or system. although i may have to defer to others when dealing with systems and games with which i am not familiar.
- in the pocket of some gaming corporation.
Our first question: "Are you qualified to be writing this blog?"
No, but I'll fake it the best i can!
Now tune in next time for a real question with real answer. Send in your questions! Heck, send in somebody else's questions!
Ne0dymium 05:01, May 25, 2010 (UTC)