Highlander: The Card Game is a collectible card game based on the Highlander franchise of films and television series. Players build decks from a 400+ card set, taking on the persona of one of the Immortals depicted in the franchise. The core of the game takes the form of a sword duel with players alternately playing attacks and defenses. Other cards are played to affect the basic rules of the game. You win when your opponent is reduced to 0 ability or cannot avoid a "headshot" attack.
Nine attacks, one to each space on the attack grid.
Six blocks, four each covering four areas of the attack grid, two covering just the upper and lower rows.
Defense cards which can stay in play multiple turns.
- Events: happen once and are discarded.
- Edges: modify other cards they are played with; unlike other special cards, multiple Edges may be played in a single turn.
- Situations: stay in play and change the basic rules of the game.
- Locations: like situations, but only one location can be in play at once.
- Allies: introduced in later expansions, earlier they were treated as situations.
- Persona cards: rare cards featuring established characters from the films and television series, allowing players to use persona-specific cards, or enhancing the abilities of standard persona cards. Most personas also grant a special ability to the player, such as dealing extra damage per attack or granting extra attacks per turn.
- Quickenings: rewards for winning tournaments and sponsored events, granting abilities to the user similar to those of certain personas.
- Weapon of choice: allow players to use special weapon-specific cards.
- Watcher: affects the basic rules of the game.
Chapters that PlayEdit